I love tulips but they are such divas! Here's my top tips for getting those bendy tulips standing upright for longer.
1. First do nothing - simply add your shop bought tied and wrapped tulips to a tall container of water and leave overnight. This will give them a good drink and you should notice the stems feel strong and firm the following day.
2. The next day you can unwrap and arrange into your favourite vase. Cut the stems at an angle and place into clean water.
3. Tulips keep growing towards the light. Turn your vase regularly or move around the house into different locations.
4. Change the water every couple of days.
5. For a mixed flower bouquet - support those bendy tulips by placing in the middle of your arrangement.